NIGERIA AGIP EXPLORATION LIMITED(A Subsidiary Of ENI)
PROVISION OF GEOPHYSICAL & GEOMORPHOLOGICAL SURVEY IN NAE OFF-SHORE ACREAGES
Nigerian Agip Exploration Limited (NAE) intends to put in place a global tender for the PROVISION OF GEOPHYSICAL & GEOMORPHOLOGICAL SURVEY SERVICES IN NAE OFFSHORE ACREAGES
The proposed contrast shall have duration of two (2) years plus one optional year effective from the date of award of the contrast for the service.
The geophysical & geomophological sites survey contrast, shall be executed on call-out basis as and when needed.
2. SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of the contrast shell cover the following without limitation:
GEOPHYSICAL AND GEOMORPHOLOGICAL SURVEY SERVICES
• Field area to be surveyed will be in water depths varying from 60 m to 2,l00m The survey shall cover any significant area that will be utilized during the structure
lifecycle: as a minimum, survey area shall be as indicated in the following table.
CONTRACTOR will have the responsibility to survey a larger area if so requested:
OFFSHORE STRUCTURE BATHYIMORPHOLOGICAL MAGNETOMETER
Mobile drilling rig jack-up 2×2 km area 500×500 m area
Platform fixed platform
Semisub / drilling ship and 3 x 3 km area, or larger to Usually not necessary
FPSO encompass the maximum
Expected anchor spread
• The purpose of the survey is to carry out a thorough investigation of the seabed
features with sufficient penetration end resolution to gather data that are essential for the emplacement of structures dedicated to hydrocarbon exploration and exploitation.
The scope of work shall include gathering detailed data about the (high degree of precision), morphology and consistency of the seabed, presence of obstacle (wrecks, war surplus, etc) or pre-existent structures (pipelines, cables, etc) on the sea bottom, stratigraphy and lithology of shallow formations (few tens of meters below seabed), mechanical characteristics of the seabed, presence of shallow gas pockets and possible occurrence of oceanic Poseidon beds and banks and their relative density on the proposed platform/rig location or pipeline routes.
• Provide reconnaissence evaluation of seabed morphology, including topographic features (local steep slopes, channels, hills/dunes), unevenness (scour zones, sand apples, sand waves/dunes, seabed vegetation), geohazards (faults, landslide, rock outcrops/ridges, pockmarks/gas seepage, mud volcanoes, boulders. shallow gas, liquefaction potential induced by earthquakes or waves, hydrate zones), man—made hazards (ship-wrecks, well heads, flow lines, power cables and communication cables, debris, unexploded ordnances, chemical dump sites), Geophysical & Geomorphdogical surveys include (Survey maybe done by AUV):
• Real tine DGPS positioning system and navigation equipment for surface positioning of the mother vessel:
• DGPS and high precision acoustic positioning, inertial navigation and Doppler velocity
speed log to provide the AUV position (in case the latter system is adopted):
• water column acoustic velocity measurement system;
• bathymetry with multi and single bean swath echo sounder;
• sea bed imaging with high resolution dual-frequency side scan sonar;
• high resolution chip sub bottom profiler,
• magnetometer survey,
• conductivity, temperature, depth (CTP) sensor,
• deep stratigraphy imaging by means of high resolution multichannel survey with acoustic
source arid streamer;
• seabed sampling with gravity sampler, vibrocorer, piston sampler;
• classification and testing of soil samples etc;
The survey shall be conducted in two stages:
– First general stage, where the specified area is covered with low resolution and detail, including multi bean echosounder, side scan sonar, sub-bottom profile arid a 2-D high resolution seismic. This survey shall be carried out on a line spacing suitable to ensure a survey coverage and data quality adequate for engineering and construction activities. Primary tracklines shall be spaced maximum 150 to 200m and line spacing suitable to ensure to 100% coverage of the Scan, Sonar with a proper overlap between adjoining line.
– Second detailed stage, where the above measurements are repeated with largely greater
detail and resolution, across a limited area pertaining to the project structures and devices, with in addition magnetometer. This detailed survey shall be conducted in the specified areas of I x 1 km.
3. MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
a) To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested Contractors are required to be pre-qualified in the 30904 – Geophysics and Hydrographic Site Survey Services (Product/Services) in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) database. All successful pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
b) To determine if you are pro-qualified and to view the product/service category you are registered for: Open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your log in details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group. If you are not listed in a product/service category and you are registered with DPR to de business, contract NipeX office at 30, Oyinkan Abayeni Skeet, Ikoyi Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for necessary update. To initiate the JQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipexng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for farther action. To be eligible, all tender’s must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system.
4. NIGERIAN CONTENT
Bidders are invited to express compete understanding and willingness to comply with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development (NOGICD) Act 2010.
Pursuant to the above, bidders’ submissions shall be evaluated strictly with the minimum evaluation criteria defined in the NOGICD Act provisions/Schedule. Only bidders whose submissions are in compliance shall proceed to the next stage of the tendering process.
The following are some of the information/documentation that will be required for submission at the ITT stage:
a) Demonstrate that entity is a Nigerian company as defined in the NOGICD Act 2010. Details of Company ownership and shareholding structure with certified true copes of CAC forms C02 aid C07, including company memorandum & article of association and other entity’s incorporation;
b) Submission of Nigerian Content Plan that addresses utilization of Nigerian Labour, Services, Materials and Equipment for this service in order to achieve a minimum target, as set out in the requirements of the NOGIOD Act 2010 for this service;
c) Where capacity is inadequate, genuine alliances with multinationals companies for the purpose of technology transfer will be accepted; the alliance or Joint venture will demonstrate with binding Memorandum of Agreement signed by chief executes of the entities that evidences clear work-share ratio among the parties and time frame for growth or transfer to be achieved; multinational companies are required to demonstrate evidence of capacity development plans of local business e.g. subcontracting, joint venture etc.
d) Bidder’s sourcing strategy/plan for this scope of service; and evidence of source of products, materials etc – whether in-country assemblage/production etc; evidence with address not P.o.Box and location where procurement activities will be coordinated in Nigeria;
e) Current and in-place organization structure with detailed experience and skills of key management personnel with names; Evidence (personnel list aid positions with organization chart to substantiate) of percentage of management that are Nigerian nationals and the percentage of the total workforce that are Nigerians;
Detailed training plan for the service that will include past training of Nigerians: training to be executed on this service with content, duration, expected
f) Detailed description of he location of in-country committed facilities & infrastructure (assets, equipment, storage, workshop, maintenance centre, laboratory, etc) in Nigeria to support this contract or submit a credible and verifiable plan towards setting-up;
g) Evidence of Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate (NCEC) or evidence of application to NCDMB for the issuance of the Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate;
h) Describe specific programmes in place to transfer technology and skills to Nigerians businesses.
NOTE: Failure to meet the Nigerian Content requirements is a “FATAL FLAW”
- CLOSING DATE
Only tenderers who are registered with NJQS under Product Group 30904 – Geophysical and Hydrographic Site Survey Services as at 7th January 2013, being the advert closing date, shall be invited to submit Technical Bids.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- This advertisement of “Tender Opportunity” shall not be construed as a commitment on part of NAE, nor shall it entitle Applications to make any claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from NAE and/or any of its Partners by virtue of such Applicants having responded to this Advert.
- The above mentioned service shall be used also by one of our affiliate company, NIGERIAN AGIP OIL COMPANY (NAOC), in their shallow water activities
Please visit the NipeXPortal at www.nipexng.com for this Advert and other information.