The DATA PROCESSOR is responsible for data processing, quality control and production of geophysical maps and data from offshore geophysical data. The position will require extensive travel and performance of these duties in a field environment. Please visit our careers site for more info.
a) B.Sc. level or equivalent Diploma in Cartography, GIS Mapping or Hydrographic Survey.
b) Knowledge of company specific acquisition, processing and reporting software. · South African national (or valid work permit) · English language o Previous experience with hydrographic or geophysical data processing is a non-negotiable o Strong written and verbal communication skills o Superior computer skills o Knowledge of Microstation and / or Autocad is an advantage · Be prepared to travel locally (within Africa) and internationally · Show creativity, motivation, adaptability and innovation · Be flexible, stress resistant, have an accurate work practice and a hands-on mentality · Be a team player with good communication skills · Good computer skills · Candidates need a South African citizenship or valid work permit · Be aware of and adhere to the safety policies and procedures of the company · Empowered with the responsibility to halt unsafe work · Previous offshore experience (an hence able to swim) · Residing in Cape Town, South Africa (or willing to relocate at own cost). · Valid driver’s license with record in good standing
· Check survey data received from the field and onboard the vessel for completeness and quality. Carry out data processing as per requirement.
· Carry out check computations using raw and processed data. Check and approve final map products.
· Ensure that technical data submitted in reports are correct.
· Check format and content of reports and charts.
· Provide survey data at project commencement to Party Chiefs.
· Responsible for correct processing of survey data.
· Operate the main functions within the company’s geophysical software packages
· Perform field quality control and ensure compliance with contract specifications
· Report to Party Chief or Datacentre Co-ordinator on progress.
· Be aware of and adhere to the safety policies and procedures of the company
· Empowered with the responsibility to halt unsafe work.
Apply for job at http://www.oilandgaspeople.com/job/982637069
Disclaimer: Neither Africa Oil+Gas Report, nor its parent company Festac News Press Limited, nor any of its agents, is responsible for this transaction. This is just an announcement, an advertisement.