- Cobalt reported that its Came iapre salt oil discovery in Block 21,offshore Angola, flowed at an unstimulated, sustained rate of 5,010 barrels per day.
- Statoil described its Zafarani discovery in Block 2 offshore Tanzania a “high impact
discovery” with as much as 5 Tcf of gasin place. ExxonMobil is a partner in the well.
Offshore Nigeria, Afren and Amni tested a light oil discovery on OML
112. Afren claimed that future horizontal wells at its Okoro East oil discovery, offshore
South east Nigeria, should yield 4,500-7,000barrels of oil per day per well.
- Onshore Kenya, Tullow Oil’sNgamia-1 well found more than 328 feetof oil pay over a gross oil-bearing intervalof 2,130 feet in multiple zones.
- Anadarko Petroleum added seven to 20-plus Tcf of recoverable gas offshore Mozambique at an explorationstrike about 30km northwest of its Prosperidade complex.
- In an exploratory well on the Ebok North Fault Block offshore south east Nigeria, Afren and Oriental Energy Resources identified 370 feet true verticalthickness of net oil pay in what Afren described as “excellent quality reservoir sands.”
- BG Group reported a fifth gasdiscovery offshore Tanzania with the Mzia-1exploratory well on Block 1 – a first successin the deeper Cretaceous section.
- Agiba, a joint operating company, operated the Emry Deep 1X well about 288km southwest of Alexandria in Egypt,which encountered 250 feet of net pay in multiplesandstones of the Lower Cretaceous Alam El Bueib Formation and flowed 3,500barrels/day during testing.
- Offshore Mozambique, an AnadarkoPetroleum partnership hit more than 300 netfeet of natural gas pay in two high-qualityOligocene fan systems with the Atum discovery well in Offshore Area 1 in theRovuma basin.
Tullow Oil’s Paon-1X deepwater exploration well, a light oil discovery in a Turonian fan system in the CI-103 licenseoffshore Cote d’Ivoire, extended a provenoil play westward from previous discoveriesoffshore Ghana.
In Offshore Area 4, Mozambique, ENI’sMamba North East-2 giant gas discoveryencountered more than 650 feet of payin stacked, multiple, high-quality zones,adding at least 10 Tcf to the play’s potential. The Papa-1 deepwater wildcat on Block 3 offshore Tanzania became the first
Cretaceous gas discovery outboard of the Rufiji Delta, according to partners Ophir Energy and BG.
- Tullow Oil said Twiga South-1 in Block13T, onshore Kenya, found 98 feet of net oilpay with further potential to be assessed.
- The Mamba South 2 and Coral 2delineation wells in Area 4, Mozambique, added about six Tcf potential in the Mamba complex for ENI and partners.