- Cobalt reported that its Cameiapresalt oil discovery in Block 21,offshore Angola, flowed at an unstimulated,sustained rate of 5,010 barrels per day.
- Statoil described its Zafarani discovery inBlock 2 offshore Tanzania a “high impact
discovery” with as much as 5 Tcf of gas inplace. ExxonMobil is a partner in the well.
Offshore Nigeria, Afren and Amnitested a light oil discovery on OML
112. Afrenclaimed that future horizontal wellsat its Okoro East oil discovery, offshore
southeast Nigeria, should yield 4,500-7,000barrels of oil per day per well.
- Onshore Kenya, Tullow Oil’sNgamia-1 well found more than 328 feetof oil pay over a gross oil-bearing intervalof 2,130 feet in multiple zones.
- Anadarko Petroleum added sevento 20-plus Tcf of recoverable gasoffshore Mozambique at an explorationstrike about 30km northwest of itsProsperidade complex.
- In an exploratory well on the EbokNorth Fault Block offshore southeastNigeria, Afren and Oriental EnergyResources identified 370 feet true verticalthickness of net oil pay in what Afren described as “excellentquality reservoir sands.”
- BG Group reported a fifth gasdiscovery offshore Tanzania with the Mzia-1exploratory well on Block 1 – a first successin the deeper Cretaceous section.
- Agiba, a joint operating company,operated the Emry Deep 1X well about 288km southwest of Alexandria in Egypt,which encountered 250 feet of net pay in multiplesandstones of the Lower Cretaceous AlamEl Bueib Formation and flowed 3,500barrels/day during testing.
- Offshore Mozambique, an AnadarkoPetroleum partnership hit more than 300 netfeet of natural gas pay in two high-qualityOligocene fan systems with the Atumdiscovery well in Offshore Area 1 in theRovuma basin.
Tullow Oil’s Paon-1X deepwaterexploration well, a light oil discovery in aTuronian fan system in the CI-103 licenseoffshore Cote d’Ivoire, extended a provenoil play westward from previous discoveriesoffshore Ghana.
In Offshore Area 4, Mozambique, ENI’sMamba North East-2 giant gas discoveryencountered more than 650 feet of payin stacked, multiple, high-quality zones,adding at least 10 Tcf to the play’s potential.The Papa-1 deepwater wildcat onBlock 3 offshore Tanzania became the first
Cretaceous gas discovery outboard of theRufiji Delta, according to partners OphirEnergy and BG.
- Tullow Oil said Twiga South-1 in Block13T, onshore Kenya, found 98 feet of net oilpay with further potential to be assessed.
- The Mamba South 2 and Coral 2delineation wells in Area 4, Mozambique,added about six Tcf potential in theMamba complex for ENI and partners.