Contract (£: commensurate to experience)
An international oil and gas operator wants a Subsurface Data Management Specialist with Algerian and Russian focus to join the team in London on a competitive contract basis.
The Role encompasses many activities and has a wide responsibility to support geotechnical user and management community in all aspects of data management.
Areas of G&G Activity include, UK and Norwegian offshore, North Africa (Algeria) and Russia.
The role has an accent on support for the Algeria Subsurface team but is required to proactively support ALL geotechnical data management activities across E&P as and when required.
This position has the scope to develop and the company are committed to providing training in all relevant geotechnical applications as required
Under the direction of the Information Management/Data Management Manager, work with Information Management/Data Management, IT and Technical Application Platform colleagues to deliver consistent quality data management services
- Implement and maintain efficient E&P data management framework(s) – Including Policies, QA procedures, methodology, best practice and services.
- Promote and implement data management policies, processes and procedures for G&G technical data.
- Deliver consistent quality assured corporate data management services to geotechnical users
- Manage and administrate the cooperation with data service providers, partners and other third parties
- Assess and prepare demand forecasts for data management services and infrastructure
- Maintain an overview all G&G technical data support requests, activities and outcomes in the support register
- Maintain and administrate corporate, project or other data repositories.
- Pro-active communication and support of business and IM/DM colleagues across the E&P organisation.
- Work with the local institutions, governance bodies, partners and the business to ensure compliance with statutory data reporting obligations, data trades and partner distributions etc.
- Assist and work with users, Information Management /Data Management colleagues, IT and Technical applications managers in the selection of new E&P technical applications
- Degree in geology or other geoscientific discipline
- Additional language skills in French or Russian (advantageous)
- Proven experience in the oil and gas sector data management – Managing North African, CIS and Russian data. Additional understanding and experience in data management in the European (especially UK and Norwegian)
- Geodetic data management- coordinate systems, projections from different or unknown projection systems typical for the Russian and North Africa reg
- Geotechnical data and application data management including data preparation using ASCII editing tools and scripts
- Data lifecycle management
This notice expires on February 26, 2013
Disclaimer: Neither Africa Oil+Gas Report, nor its parent company Festac News Press Limited, nor any of its agents, is responsible for this transaction. This is just an announcement, an advertisement.