|Job SummaryAssists in overseeing drilling operations and activities, ensuring safety, effectiveness, and compliance with drilling and completion programs, Company policy, and relevant regulations. A developing professional that works under moderate supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Assists more senior drilling supervisors with the following activities:
- Supervising operations at the rig site, ensuring that requirements derived from the well program and rig operations are satisfied effectively and in a timely manner
- Working with drilling engineers, drilling contractor supervisors, service companies, onshore logistics, and operations geologists to ensure that Cobalt’s deepwater wells are drilled efficiently and completed for early and long term well productivity
- Ensuring Cobalt wells meet all Angolan regulations and operate according to HSSE standards
- Coordinating with drilling engineers and operations geologists to ensure detailed drilling programs are executed at the rig site; ensuring that detailed programs are duly authorized before implementation and shared with / agreed upon by all contractors involved in execution
- Coordinating with team to ensure that lessons learned and related recommendations are included in future programs
- Liaising with rig contractors and service companies to ensure that personnel, services, materials, equipment, etc. are available in quantity and quality as required to drill Cobalt wells
- Maintaining good working relationships with contractors
- Monitoring and implementing risk-reducing measures; taking immediate actions to safeguard personnel, assets, and environment in emergency situations related to well construction operations
- Liaising with logistics base to optimize land, sea, and air transports, minimizing trips and waste time
- Ensuring that materials, equipment, and services are effectively mobilized and demobilized in a timely manner
- Ensuring accuracy and timeliness of daily data reporting requirements
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is an offshore rig
- Travel to other sites may be required
|QualificationsThe requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
- Experience in deepwater subsea environment
- Familiarity with international operational and environmental logistics and operations
- Familiarity with working in an NOC environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving, leadership, and teamwork skills
- Ability to work effectively in a high-performance team environment
- Proficiency in English language, oral and written
- Proficiency in Portuguese language, oral and written (preferred but not required)
- Education and Experience
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent; 2 years offshore floating experience
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree; more than 2 years offshore floating experience
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, or Other Requirements
- Well Control Certification
- HUET Certification
To access more information about this position, please advance to http://cobalt.appone.com
and use the search feature to find the position.
Your Career Assistant at
Cobalt International Energy, Inc. For assistance, call 1-888-772-9773, M-F 8-5 EST
This position is currently accepting applications.