Job is Based In Houston
Provides reservoir engineering support to the Angolan Exploration Team to progress exploration and appraisal wells to ‘spud ready’ status; supports drilling operations; participates in planning and execution of data acquisition programs; and assists in post-well analysis including PVT and special core analysis testing programs and resource evaluation. This position will also participate in the evaluation and appraisal of discoveries, contribute to pre-development studies, and support portfolio management activities including prospect prioritization. It is essential for the candidate to possess the ability to work with limited supervision and work effectively in a high-performance, multidiscipline team environment. The candidate also needs to possess excellent communication and integration skills; a desire to actively work in a technical role; the ability to formulate sound recommendations with limited data; and be able to work cooperatively with internal team members of diverse disciplines, partners and appropriate regulatory and government agencies. Recent deepwater experience in the pre-salt Brazil or West Africa; experience working with exploration and appraisal teams; and a good understanding of offshore drilling operations and carbonate reservoirs are considered a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Assists in portfolio management and prioritization.
- Assists in evaluating potential exploration and appraisal well locations.
- Works with geologists and petrophysicists to develop data gathering programs for exploration and appraisal wells.
- Assists in the creation of AFE support documents and well recommendations to management, partners and the concessionaire.
- Provides reservoir engineering support during well operations.
- Develops plans for gathering reservoir pressure data and fluid samples.
- Develops PVT and special core analysis testing programs and works with specialists to analyze lab data and integrate results.
- Assists in well test design and execution.
- Works with geoscientists and petrophysicists to interpret and analyze static and dynamic well data and information.
- Works with geoscientists and petrophysicists to develop reservoir description scenarios and rock property distributions.
- Works with geologists and geophysicists to develop and implement prospect appraisal plans.
- Works with Compliance Lead to ensure compliance compatibility for subsurface issues.
- Estimates pre-drill and post-discovery resource volumes and recoverable hydrocarbons.
- Works with Commercial Lead in development of multi-year plan, project economics and budgets.
- Assists in the development and documentation of appraisal plans required for project sanction.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day.
- Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
- Experience with oil and gas condensate reservoirs with a variety of depletion and development scenarios.
- Exceptional understanding and application of fundamental reservoir engineering principles and techniques including material balance, wellbore hydraulics and resource estimation.
- Comfort with the use of vendor-based decline-curve, material balance, and well test analysis software. Experience with Petroleum Experts System Integration tools, or similar software, is required.
- Familiarity with flow simulation software is considered a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with and understanding of deepwater offshore drilling, project development, and/or production operations.
- Strong writing, documentation, integration and organization skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Comfort with the preparation and presentation of technical and non-technical information to management and others.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplined team in a high-performance environment.
- Ability to work with external partners and regulatory/governmental agencies.
- Proficiency in English language, oral and written.
Education and Experience
- Minimum B. S. Engineering
- Must have 8 – 15 years of reservoir engineering experience with an oil production company
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, or Other Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis without company sponsorship.
To access more information about this position, please advance to http://cobalt.appone.com and use the search feature to find the position.
Your Career Assistant at
Cobalt International Energy, Inc. For assistance, call 1-888-772-9773, M-F 8-5 EST
This position is currently accepting applications.
|Disclaimer: Neither Africa Oil+Gas Report, nor its parent company Festac News Press Limited, nor any of its agents, is responsible for this transaction. This is just an announcement, an advertisement.
Bom dia prezados , fico grato pelo vosso email , e de salientar que essa proposta de trabalho tem tudo haver com as minhas competências profissional , visto que na empresa em que estou actualmente eu despenhou essas funções , pagamentos , cheques , consultas e etc . Agradeço qualquer duvida não existem em consultarem me Tel 924317630