- 15 years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria and possibly international, covering both land, swamp and offshore experience.
- Track record along the maturity cycle, from concept select, detailed design, contracting, construction and hook-up including facilities brown field engineering.
- In the context of the Oil and Gas Field development planning demonstrate a technical innovator and entrepreneur approach, track record in finding solutions to increasing the recovery per dollar invested and operated.
- Excellent technical and communication skills with a strong emphasis on teamwork,
- Fluency in written and spoken English language,
Apply before June 3, 2014
Roles and Specific Responsibilities:
- Drive the Engineering Project Delivery from concept select, detailed design, contracting and implementation of the Field Development Plans with specific focus on HSE, Life Cycle Capex and Opex, the integrated project schedule and uptime of the Integrated Production system.
- Project Delivery Strategy and Management, ensure the right engineering focus, utilizing the in-house expert work-force, own staff and contractor team to the full, building on their strengths while the main engineering contractor(s) actually delivers the product.
- Project Contracting Strategy, with particular focus on risk, schedule capex and operating cost! This set in the context of Local Content.
- Project Approval Processes, ruthless focus on project management approvals, with the authorities, partners and shareholders alike.
- Develop the engineering workflows, guidelines and procedures to ensure all work is carried out safely adhering to best international oilfield practices and speedily, with minimal bureaucracy.
- Ensure that staff are qualified for the jobs they have to deliver and at all times motivated to execute the job.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to translate complex development and operational issues into simple solutions,
- High level of independent thinking and reasoning, based on sound technical and commercial fundamentals.
- Understanding and application of the key drivers of facilities, process engineering and production operations, set in the context of the life cycle asset management from reservoir to point of sales.
- Ability to generate good quality technical reports
- Ruthless bottom-line focus, ability to translate and articulate technical solutions into the key business drivers, HSE, Cost and Production,
- Fully understand and able to articulate how the company is making its money and how he and his department can drive the bottom-line, short term, medium term and long term of the company.
- Implement fit for purpose specific business processes, including efficient and effective translation of opportunity to project plan, and planned liquids and gas into the tank. With support processes fit for purpose but hard coded, including IAP, document and deviation control, contracting, budget approvals, authority to spend and execute, maintaining log books and the project handbooks.
- Supervise and coordinate subordinates priority setting and staff allocation, time writing, maintaining personal log books and project handbooks
Interact and work effectively with other professionals in group/project team and in other disciplines
- Readily accept views and guidance from supervisors and input from subordinates
- Ability and focus on driving own professional and career development (technical affiliations, SPE etc)
- Demonstrate high level of oral and written skills (English), good listening ability, demonstrate personal initiative and ability to mentor subordinates
Key focus areas:
Direct experience in the following areas:
- HSEMS implementation in the project field and the workflow,
- Project development planning, designing, execution and field management,
- Generating innovative and imaginative development solutions, with facilities that require minimal daily intervention in the context of the oil and or gas development planned. Including well surveillance and well interventions.
- Focussed on the maximum uptime solution, while demonstrably the facilities build are at the lowest capital cost and operate life cycle at the lowest all-in operating cost.
- Integrated Activity Planning, IPSM, Cost optimisation/management
- Flow Assurance,
- Production Surveillance and Operations,
- Gas Lift design and Optimization,
About this company
First Exploration & Petroleum Development Company Limited (FIRST E&P) is a Nigerian indigenous oil and gas execution vehicle, established in 2010. It started formal business operations on the 1st of July, 2012. The company’s ethos is being a deep technical and commercial entrepreneurial organisation, with full delivery capability across the entire oil and gas delivery value
chain. Our areas of expertise include the value creation phase of commercial deal delivery, maturation of exploration and appraisal opportunities, through field development to project execution and realizing first production and into the value monetisation phase of integrated operations and maintenance, hydrocarbon fiscalisation and sales
Disclaimer: Neither Africa Oil+Gas Report, nor its parent company Festac News Press Limited, nor any of its agents, is responsible for this transaction. This is just an announcement, an advertisement.