Apply Before June 7, 2014
Petrofac is a leading international services provider to the oil and gas production and processing industry, with a diverse customer portfolio including many of the world’s leading integrated, independent and national oil and gas companies.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do, guiding our actions and driving our success. Our attitudes and behaviours are shaped by being: Safe, ethical, innovative, responsive, quality and cost conscious and driven to deliver.
Petrofac is an exciting, dynamic and growing organisation working towards our vision of being the world’s most admired oilfield services company. If like us you are driven to deliver, we’ll give you the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting projects in the industry.
We are seeking to recruit a Communications Adviser
- support the Communications Manager to develop and execute communications plans to support the delivery of key strategic imperatives for Petrofac Offshore Projects & Operations (OPO) (such as driving recruitment, supporting new business development and marketing activity in particular business sectors) including advising senior Petrofac management as to the nature and extent of their media profile to best support this activity
- produce high quality written materials tailored for appropriate audiences – internal and external
- ensure that OPO messages are disseminated as widely and effectively as possible with optimum reach and penetration, to ensure that all staff are aware of changes or developments affecting them, or that both internal and external stakeholders are aware of business success
- work with colleagues in design to produce high quality visual materials tailored for appropriate audiences both internal and external
- support the Communications Manager to brief senior management on developing media issues – both positive opportunities and potential threats – and advise them as to the most appropriate tactical response
- participate in regular Emergency Response and Crisis Management training and exercises to ensure that OPO crisis communication capability is maintained at the optimum level and remains in line with both industry best practice and Petrofac Group protocol.
- work closely with Petrofac Group Communications to ensure maximum pull through from Group activities for OPO whilst at the same time ensuring that OPO activities are adequately communicated at a Group level
- build relationships with internal stakeholders across the business – not only in OPO Europe but across OPO global sites, utilising influencing skills to generate content via these relationships
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- degree qualified and membership of a relevant professional body (CIPR) preferred but not essential
- the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate, through their career path, the ability to assimilate often complex subject matter quickly, and to be able to communicate it clearly and effectively to a range of different audiences via excellent verbal, written and visual communications
- previous experience of Emergency Response and Crisis Management procedures and practice, developed either in an oil and gas, or other civil contingencies context
- proven track record of working with media; successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to establish effective and influential relationships with journalists and to be able to generate proactive positive media coverage on their own initiative
- proven experience of having successfully managed issues that have attracted significant external scrutiny from media and other stakeholders.
- proven track record of working with and effectively advising senior management and/or other decision-makers
- demonstrable experience of working with social media and digital content would be an advantage
Primary Location: UK-Aberdeen-Altens (Quattro House)
Contact link: https://petrofac.taleo.net/careersection/iam/accessmanagement/login.jsf?lang=en&redirectionURI
Organisation: OPO Europe
Closing Date (Period for Applying) – External: Jun 7, 2014, 11:59:00 PM