Completions Engineer, Drilling Operations, E&I COMMISSIONING, Engineering, Oil & Gas, Production
• Coordinate drilling operations in order to maximise the use of use of rigs, hydraulic workover unit, personnel and rentals at wellsite
• Mentor and ensure that all activity on the wellsite are performed according to procedures, in with IADC and standard oilfield practices.
• Participate in contractors and rig service vendors evaluation
• Ensure regulatory requirements are compiled with on all wellsite operations
• Encourage continuous improvement in operations
• Ensure all documentation from wellsite IADC report are approved for repository.
• Ensure that all incidences on the wellsite are properly investigated and closed out.
• Monitor drilling engineering parameters to support drilling operation
• Manage cost control within limits of authority.
• Provide clear stewardship reporting on an as-required and exceptions basis to drilling manager
• Ensure Wellsite HSE Emergency Response Systems are periodically tested with simulation exercises
• Observe all company health, safety and environmental instructions are implemented at wellsite.
• Imbibe in the wellsite the culture of reporting unsafe conditions or activities, dangerous occurrences or injuries in the workplace and capability to initiate second line mitigation action in emergency events
• Not interfere with, remove, displace or make ineffective any safeguard, safety device, equipment or appliance provided for health, safety and environmental purposes.
• Coordinate the shakedown of new rigs and workover units
• 25 years of experience as a drilling professional with an independent or major oil company
• Possess extensive industry training and a valid well control certification (IWCF- L4, Shell round 2 certificate may be an advantage)
• 3 years’ minimum experience as a driller and 5 years’ minimum experience as rig superintendent or equivalent position
• 3 – 4 years’ minimum experience as Hydraulic Workover Unit superintendent the Niger Delta or swamp operations
• Technical knowledge of drilling and completing oil and gas wells
• Hands on experience drilling wells with a detailed understanding of drilling techniques and equipment
• Knowledge and understanding of drill bits, drilling motors, and drilling rig circulating system
• Experience with various weighted and non-weighted mud systems (WBM, OBM, SSM and completion fluids)
• Ability to coordinate operations of multiple rigs and HWU in a safe and cost effective manner
• HND, BSc or BEng certificate.
To Apply; Click here