TOTAL has appointed Stéphane Michel as its President Gas, Renewables & Power (GRP) and a Total Executive Committee member, a position previously held by Philippe Sauquet, who has exercised his retirement rights.
Mr. Michel, a former Energy Advisor to a former French Finance Minister, resumed work on March 1, 2021.
Prior to the promotion, he was Senior Vice President Middle East & North Africa, Exploration & Production. Laurent Vivier succeeded him in that position in January 2021.
“The Gas, Renewables & Power segment has a key role to play in the growth, value creation and transformation of TOTAL into a broad energy company. We are very pleased to welcome Stéphane Michel to the Executive Committee,” commented Patrick Pouyanné, the company’s Chairman & CEO. “
TOTAL’s Executive Committee now consists of:
- Patrick Pouyanné, Chief Executive Officer
- Arnaud Breuillac, President, Exploration & Production
- Helle Kristoffersen, President Strategy-Innovation
- Stéphane Michel, President, Gas, Renewables & Power
- Bernard Pinatel, President, Refining & Chemicals
- Jean-Pierre Sbraire, Chief Financial Officer
- Namita Shah, President, People & Social Responsibility
- Alexis Vovk, President, Marketing & Services
Before Stéphane Michel became TOTAL’s SVP Middle East & North Africa, Exploration & Production in January 2014, he was the Managing Director of TOTAL E&P Qatar (2012-2014) and TOTAL E&P Libya (2011). He joined the Group in 2005, working for Downstream Asia, based in Singapore.
Stéphane Michel was born in 1973 and is a graduate of École Polytechnique (1994) and École des Mines de Paris (1997). He served as Energy Advisor to the French Finance Minister (2002-2004).