TOTAL Energies says it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Rwandan Government to develop collaboration on projects related to energies.
The collaboration will be with the Rwanda Development Board, a public institution responsible for accelerating Rwanda’s economic development.
The scope of the agreement covers in particular:
- The energy products distribution (including LPG, and electric charging),
- The supply of LPG as a substitute for burning biomass,
- The renewable hydro-electricity generation,
- The development of power storage solutions for the electrical network,
- The development of Natural Based Solution for carbon storage,
- The implementation of education and training programs on new energies and the energy transition.
TOTALEnergies also announced the incorporation of a local branch TOTALEnergies Marketing Rwanda Ltd, and the opening of a permanent representation office in Kigali.
“The collaboration with TOTALEnergies in the energy sector, particularly the investment they will make in clean energy storage, distribution, partnerships with our private sector companies in Rwanda and beyond, is timely for a country that puts the environment at the heart of its development strategies. Additionally, the skills transfer in critical areas such as renewable energies and energy transition will undoubtedly contribute to the development of local expertise in the energy sector.” said Clare Akamanzi, CEO of the Rwanda Development Board.