Angolan state oil firm Sonangol, has selected 10 companies for purposes of farm down negotiations from six blocks in which it has interests.
Four of the blocks are producing; two are undeveloped.
Sonangol says that during a public tender it conducted between September 20, 2021 to January 27 of the current year, “due diligence process was carried out to verify the compliance of competitors, which resulted in the certification of a total of 10 companies, among which, under the terms of the said tender, were selected because they presented the best proposal as per information below: ´
- Blocks in Production:
- Block 3/05 – Afentra (20%)
- Block 15/06 – Namcor, Sequa and Petrolog (10%)
- Block 18 – Somoil and Sirius (8,5%)
- Block 31 – Somoil and Sirius (10%)
- Blocks in Exploration:
- Block 23 – Namcor, Sequa and Petrolog (Operator 40%); and Afentra (40%)
- Block 27 – Namcor, Sequa and Petrolog (35%); and Somoil and Sirius (25%)
“The partial farm down of participating interests, of the above-mentioned concessions, is part of Sonangol’s strategy of repositioning and sustainability of its investment portfolio”, the company says in a statement.