Date(s) – 02/04/2014 – 31/12/2014
SPE ANGOLA: MONTHLY MEETINGS 2014
By: Tako Koning, Program Chairperson, SPE Board of Directors, Luanda
- April 2, CGG Multi-Client & New Ventures, Gregory Duval, “Sub-Salt and Pre-Salt Plays of the Kwanza Basin Deep Water Area: Benefits from Recently Acquired Broadband Seismic Data”.
- May 26, BP, Martin Rylance, SPE Distinguished Lecturer, “Unconventional Completions: A Paradigm Shift”.
- June – Baker Hughes, subject to be announced.
- July- summer break.
- August – Expro, subject to be announced
- September – Schlumberger, subject to be announced.
- October – Halliburton-Landmark, “The E&P Big Data Challenge: Beyond Data Management for Optimal Decisions”
- November – Aker Solutions, “The Use of Deepwater Monohull Intervention Vessels for Optimizing Offshore Oil & Gas Production Activities”
- December – Halliburton, subject to be announced.
The SPE Angola monthly meetings are held in the 2nd floor auditorim of the AAA Building, Avenida Lenine, Luanda. Everyone involved in the oil industry is welcome to attend the meetings. There is no cost to attend since the company providing the presentation also kindly covers all costs associated with the meeting.
The meetings commence at 6:00 PM with cocktails & horsd’ouvres – this is a good opportunity for socializing and networking. At 6:45 PM the meeting commences with a review of the SPE’s activities in Angola. Thereafter the presentation commences. The presentation and follow-up Q&A is from 7:00 – 8:00 PM. A final half hour of networking is possible from 8:00 – 8:30 PM, at which time the meeting closes.
Everyone is welcome to attend including visitors from outside of Angola. Typically for each meeting we have about 120 attendees from oil companies, oil service companies, Sonangol (the state oil company), the Ministry of Petroleum and also 20 to 30 students from Angolan universities.
Tako Koning, Updated – March 17, 2014