Chariot Confirms Moroccan Probe is a Duster - Africa’s premier report on the oil, gas and energy landscape.

Chariot Confirms Moroccan Probe is a Duster

UK junior Chariot Limited has reported that a wildcat probe it drilled onshore Morocco has turned out to be a dud.

The RZK-1 well on the Gaufrette prospect, is the first of a two well drilling campaign, in the Loukos Onshore licence in Africa’s north westernmost country.

“Following comprehensive evaluation of the well data, including wireline logs, cuttings and gas data, preliminary interpretation confirms thick intervals of good quality reservoir exceeding pre-drill expectations”, Chariot explains in a statement, “with multiple gas shows of various intensity, however these reservoirs are largely interpreted to be water-bearing and therefore are sub-economic.”

Chariot, which describes itself as “Africa focused transitional energy group with three business streams, Transitional Gas, Transitional Power and Green Hydrogen”, says that the “RZK-1 well was safely and efficiently drilled, on time and on budget, to a final measured depth of 961metres through the Gaufrette Main target which was found on prognosis”.

The company, operates the Loukos Onshore licence with 75% interest, State hydrocarbon firm, ONHYM, holds the remaining 25%.

Further post-drill analysis will be conducted, alongside interpretation of the newly reprocessed  three dimensional (3D )seismic data, to understand the results of the well and implications for future exploration in the Gaufrette area, including potential deeper objectives.

“The well will now be plugged and abandoned and the rig will then move to the second location of the campaign to drill the OBA-1 well at the Dartois prospect in the coming days, which is targeting a different independent prospect. An update will follow confirming commencement of these operations”, Chariot adds.

 

 

Share Article


Sponsored

No comments yet.

Leave a comment

Comment form

All fields marked (*) are required

© 2024 Festac News Press Ltd..